ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO BUY PrEP in Bangkok?
Please come to GLOVE CLINIC then you can enjoy your life while being protected or you can buy PrEP and bring them back with you! You can either get the HIV screening test with us or you can show your recent blood test to us.
WHAT IS PrEP?
PrEP stands for “Pre-exposure prophylaxis” which is the medications used for protection against HIV before an exposure to the risks, for example unprotected sexual intercourse. PrEP can provide the protection up to 95% if taken with good compliance. However, please keep in mind that PrEP is not a substitute for condom because PrEP cannot protect you from other STDs (e.g., gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis).
HOW TO TAKE PrEP?
There are 2 regimens for taking PrEP;
- Daily regimen – A pill of PrEP is taken everyday at the same time of the day at least 7 days before exposure and continue until 7 days after the exposre.
- On-demand regimen – It is also called “2-1-1” regimen. The first 2 pills are taken 2-24 hours BEFORE the exposure. Then the other two doses are taken 24 hours and 48 hours after the first dose respectively. Please note that all doses must be taken at the same of the day. However, this regimen will not provide the protection as high as the daily regimen.
We highly recommend you to visit us in person in order to help you choose which regimen is compatible with your lifestyle.
WHEN SHOULD I TAKE PrEP?
First of all, you need to be tested negative for HIV in order to take PrEP. You are a good candidate for PrEP when;
- Regular unprotected sexual activities with unknown-HIV status sexual partners
- Serodiscordant couple (One person is HIV positive and the other is not, then the one with negative HIV status can be a good candidate for PrEP)
However, it is better to visit us for a personal consultation with our staffs in order to evaluate your case.
WHAT TESTS SHOULD I GET BEFORE STARTING PrEP?
- HIV screening test
- Hepatitis B screening test (To avoid hepatitis B flare after stopping PrEP)
- Syphilis screening test (optional)
- Kidney function (Serum creatinine)
- Liver function (Serum ALT)
THERE ARE SO MANY BRANDS OF PrEP, WHICH ONE SHOULD I GO WITH?
We recommend that you visit us for a consultation and our staff can help you choose the medications according to your situation and your budget. Our PrEP medication starts at 750 THB per month. We also have the latest PrEP medication with Tenofovir alafenamide (TAF).
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I GET HIV SCREENING TEST WHILE TAKING PrEP?
It is highly recommended that you get check every 3 months at least.
Please do not hesitate to contact us! We open daily from 10 am to 7 pm (Last appointment 6.30 pm)
Or contact us via phone (+66)92 414 9254 or email firstname.lastname@example.org